Friday, May 22, 2009

DGeezy's Final Impressions


After being in this country for a lil over 3 weeks now, the one thing that stands out the most in my mind is how FRIENDLY and hospitable the people are. I've been to dozens of countries all over the world, and never met such genuinely nice people. I must admit too, that before coming to Iran, I thought we would get hated on, cuz i too was a victim of the propaganda in the US.
My Aunt (Big D) and I have decided to bring this friendliness that we have learned here back to the US with us. Whenever we see tourists, we are going to approach them, ask them where they are from, ask them if they need directions, and offer them some choi (tea)...

Another thing I've learned about American society that sux, is how suspicious we are of people. In America, we are always worried about getting duped by taxis, salespeople, etc... but in Iran, every time i thought i was being duped, i was proven to be wrong... In the restaurants, I found myself always checking the prices to make sure that we weren't being charged "tourist prices". In the taxis, I found myself worrying that I was going to be charged $5.00 for a short ride, but over and over again, the taxi driver charged us the local price of $1.50. When checking out of our room, we left a tip for the maids. When we got to the front desk to pay our bill, the maid called to inform us that we left money on the dresser. Getting over on people is just not apart of the Iranian society like it is back home.... people trust people here...which is a great feeling to have...

In closing, I have to say IRAN IS HELLA TITE... i hope everyone has a chance to come here someday!

Video of us chatting with our new Iranian friends we met at the park in Tehran:

No comments:

Post a Comment